In Maths we have been working towards our Early Learning Goals for Number and Shape Space and Measures (SSM).
The guide below explains how we teach Maths at Morland CE Primary School
The goal for number requires children to:
- count reliably with numbers from one to 20,
- place the numbers to 20 in order
- say which number is one more or one less than a given number.
- Use quantities and objects to add and subtract two single-digit numbers and count on or back to find the answer.
- Solve problems, including doubling, halving and sharing.
Number Pairs to 10
Counting to 20
Tens and Ones
There are lots of age appropriate websites to help with developing these skills:
Shape Space and Measures (SSM)
The goal for Shape Space and Measures requires children to:
- use everyday language to talk about size, weight, capacity, position, distance, time and money
- compare quantities and objects and to solve problems.
- recognise, create and describe patterns.
- explore characteristics of everyday objects and shapes and use mathematical language to describe them.
Shape, Space and Measure Challenges: