We have learned about how Victorian people enjoyed themselves at the seaside. We found out what is the same today and what is different.
- Victorian people had fish and chips at the seaside.
- They had ice-cream but it was called hokey-pokey.
- They got changed in bathing machines.
- They kept their bodies covered up as they thought it was rude and they didn't want a tan.
- They went to the seaside on a steam train or a steam boat.
- Piers were built for the steam boats to land on.
- They liked watching Punch and Judy shows.